The Museum of Pop Culture’s mission is to make creative expression a life-changing force by offering experiences that inspire and connect our communities.
20 Years of MoPOP: Youth Advisory Board Influences Teen Programming
To celebrate 20 years of the Museum of Pop Culture, we're highlighting 20 of the most notable moments from MoPOP's history. For our nonprofit museum's 11th milestone (see the first 10 milestones at the bottom of this blog!), we're spotlighting the creation of our Youth Advisory Board.
2004: Our Youth Advisory Board (YAB) launched and its members directly influence teen programming at the Museum of Pop Culture, collaborating with local musicians, artists, and community groups and promoting programs such as Sound Off!, MoPOP’s 21 and under music showcase. In addition, youth create and curate original content for The Voice Box exhibition and YAB Instagram, networks devoted to the all-ages music scene, and they actively contribute to MoPOP events and exhibit openings.
Below, check out a few photos of MoPOP YAB through the years:
- 20 Years of MoPOP: Our Very First Artifact - Jimi Hendrix's Mixing Console
- 20 Years of MoPOP: Our Very First Oral History - Al Hendrix
- 20 Years of MoPOP: Our Very First Exhibition - 'Strats, Studios and the Seattle Sound'
- 20 Years of MoPOP: Experience Music Project Launches With Weekend of Concert Festivities
- 20 Years of MoPOP: 'Sound Lab' Inspires Visitors to Find Their Inner Musician
- 20 Years of MoPOP: The Launch of Sound Off!
- 20 Years of MoPOP: Pop Conference Engages Music Community
- 20 Years of MoPOP: Our First Traveling Exhibition - 'Artist to Icon: Early Photographs of Elvis, Dylan, and the Beatles'
- 20 Years of MoPOP: 'Yes Yes Y'all' Documents Hip-Hop's First Decade
- 20 Years of MoPOP: Science Fiction Museum and Hall of Fame Launches
Learn more about MoPOP's Youth Advisory Board + for contests, the latest news, and behind-the-scenes content, be sure to follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
If you like what you see, support our work by making a donation or planning a visit to MoPOP today!