Important: Please read these Official Rules before participating in this Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
Entries will only be accepted through completing and submitting a bracket entry at MoPOP.org/Presidents | No purchase necessary to participate or win. Prize is non-transferable. One Entry per Eligible Entrant. Void where prohibited. By participating in this Sweepstakes, each Eligible Entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules of the Sweepstakes located at MoPOP.org/Presidents and the decisions of the Museum of Pop Culture, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Entering to win may opt you in to email communication with MoPOP and its partners. MoPOP will award one Prize. The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 p.m. Pacific Time on Monday, September 28, 2020 and ends at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time on Tuesday, October 27, 2020.
1. Eligibility. Persons in the following categories are NOT eligible to participate or win a prize in the Sweepstakes: (a) Sponsor and its sponsors and their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, service agencies, and independent contractors, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, members, and agents (collectively, the "Sweepstakes Entities"); (b) persons engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for this Sweepstakes; and (c) persons who are immediate family members (defined as spouse or biological or step- mother, father, sister, brother, daughter, or son and each of their respective spouses) of any person in any of the preceding categories, regardless of where they live, and/or individuals who reside in the same household, whether related or not, as any person in any of the preceding categories. The transfer of a prize from an ineligible to an eligible person is prohibited. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Offer void where prohibited. IF AN ELIGIBLE ENTRANT DOES NOT MEET THE FOREGOING REQUIREMENTS OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, THE ELIGIBLE ENTRANT IS NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD THE APPLICABLE PRIZE TO THE ELIGIBLE ENTRANT.
2. Sweepstakes Period. Sponsor will award one Prize. The Sweepstakes period begins at 12:00:00 p.m. Pacific Time on Monday, September 28, 2020 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. Pacific Time on Tuesday, October 27, 2020 (“Sweepstakes Period”).
3. How to Enter. No purchase necessary to enter or win. To enter, an authorized representative of an Eligible Entrant must complete a bracket on behalf of the Eligible Entrant and submit the completed entry to MoPOP.org/Presidents (“Entry”). All requested information must be provided for an Entry to be valid. Each Eligible Entrant may only submit one Entry per voting period, even if the survey is distributed to multiple authorized representatives of an Eligible Entrant. Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Entries and Eligible Entrants may be subject to verification by Sponsor in its sole discretion. No mechanically or electronically reproduced entries will be accepted. Incomplete Entries or Entries not complying with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of entry. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to void any and all Entries of an Eligible Entrant who submits more than one Entry. Entering to win may opt Eligible Entrant in to email communication with MoPOP and its partners.
4. Selection. Sponsor will award one (1) Prize to randomly selected Eligible Entrant from all qualified Entries (“Winner”). Sweepstakes Entities will select the Winner in their sole discretion. The authorized representative submitting the Entry on behalf of Winner will be notified by e-mail on or about Wednesday, October 28, 2020. To claim the Prize, a Winner should follow the instructions contained in his or her notification. In the event that a Winner does not claim a Prize, the Prize will be awarded to another randomly selected Winner. Odds of being selected a Winner of the Prize depends on the number of eligible entries received by Sponsor. Sponsor’s decisions shall be final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes selections.
5. Prize and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”):
Prize for Winning Entries (“Prize”):
One Winner who participates in MoPOP Pop Culture Presidents bracket vote will receive four (4) regular admission tickets to MoPOP. The Prize(s) are non-refundable for cash. Additional terms and conditions may apply to Winner’s Prize(s).
Total ARV of Prize: $120.00
6. Prize Restrictions: Limit one (1) Prize per person. Sponsor does not make, nor in any manner is responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prize including but not limited to their quality, fitness for purpose, or condition. Any product and brand images are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies, which are not sponsors or affiliated with this Sweepstakes. Prize are non-transferable and non-changeable and no cash redemption or substitution is permitted, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Prize will be deemed void if sold, transferred, auctioned or assigned to any third party. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute a Prize in whole or in part with one of comparable or greater value. All costs and expenses associated with Prize acceptance and use not specifically provided herein are the responsibility of the Winner. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. If a Prize is undeliverable to Winner or otherwise not claimed by Winner within two (2) calendar days after delivery of notification, the prize will be forfeited by Winner and awarded to subsequent randomly selected winners until the Prize is claimed.
7. Winner Notification/Prize Claims. Winners are subject to verification. All Winners may be required to verify their eligibility by completing, signing, and returning an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release/Publicity Release. A failure to sign such Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release/Publicity Release within 7 calendar days of notice of an Eligible Entrant’s selection as a Winner of a Prize may result in Eligible Entrant’s forfeiture of the Prize. If the Prize is forfeited, Sponsor will award the Prize to another randomly selected Winner. If Sponsor elects, a potential Prize Winner will be subject to a confidential background check following notice of his or her selection to confirm eligibility and help ensure that the use of any such person in advertising or publicity for the Sweepstakes will not bring Sponsor into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Sweepstakes or Sponsor, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The disclosure of any information which may bring Sponsor into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Sweepstakes or Sponsor or the potential Prize Winner’s refusal to cooperate in such background check may result in the disqualification of the Eligible Entrant. Winners may be required to complete a W9 Tax Form and may be required to furnish his or her social security number for the sole purpose of preparation of any tax forms as required by law. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of mailing address, email address, and/or telephone number of any Winners. If a potential Winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, the Prize will be forfeited by Eligible Entrant and Sponsor will conduct a subsequent random drawing and award the Prize to the next selected Eligible Entrant.
8. Use of Entries and Associated Name, Likeness, etc. Except where prohibited by law, by submitting an Entry, Eligible Entrant grants Sponsor, its agents and licensees, the irrevocable, sub-licensable, royalty-free right and license to reproduce, publish, transmit, distribute, create derivative works from and otherwise use the photograph or video, as well as your image or likeness as reflected therein and your name and/or biographical information in association with the media, for marketing, public relations or other promotional purposes, in perpetuity, throughout the world, in all media and formats now or later known or developed, without further notice or compensation therefor.
9. Release. By submitting a photograph or video (the "Photograph"), if any, and the text in the Entry in connection with this Sweepstakes, all participants hereby represent and warrant that they are the sole owner of the Photograph and text submitted, that the submission of the Photograph and text and Sponsor’s use of the Photograph and text as permitted in these Official Rules will not infringe any intellectual property right held by a third party, and that they own or control all rights necessary to grant the rights granted herein, including a grant of all intellectual property and publicity rights from any and all persons in the Photograph. Eligible Entrant in this Sweepstakes and all other persons within the Photograph hereby indemnify the Sweepstakes Entities from and against any and all claims arising out of a breach of the foregoing warranty or out of use of the Photograph or the text as set forth herein. Eligible Entrant, and its designees, assignees and predecessors and successors in interest, by participating in the Sweepstakes, or by acceptance of the Prize, acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules and agree to release and hold the Sweepstakes Entities, their affiliates, subsidiaries, and their respective officers, directors, employees, independent contractors, representatives, and agents (“Releasees”) harmless from and against any claim or cause of action (and any associated costs, losses, or damages) arising in whole or in part out of participation in the Sweepstakes or the receipt, redemption or use of a Prize, including any death, injuries or damages of any kind sustained in connection with the use, acceptance, possession or awarding of any Prize (or any goods or services purchased using the Prize). By participating in this Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by the Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the Prize award procedures at its discretion.
10. Force Majeure. Releasees are not responsible for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, lost, damaged, stolen, or postage-due submissions or prize notifications or for lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet service providers, websites, or other connections; or for miscommunications, failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions; or for any technical malfunctions, failures, difficulties or other errors of any kind or nature; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any damage to an Eligible Entrant’s phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, extend, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes, in whole or in part, if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Sweepstakes or any particular selection of a Winner is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes beyond Sponsor's control have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes or particular selection of a Sweepstakes Winner as contemplated herein. In the event Sponsor is prevented from awarding prizes or continuing with the Sweepstakes or a particular selection of a Sweepstakes Winner as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including, but not limited to, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor's control (each a "Force Majeure" event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes in its entirety.
11. General. These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in a written document issued in accordance with law by a duly authorized representative of Sponsor. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. The Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law. The Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the State of Washington and is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local law regulations. By entering, Eligible Entrant agree that this Sweepstakes is governed by laws of the state of Washington for the resolution of all claims and disputes (excluding any claims against or disputes involving parties other than Sponsor relating to any Prize awarded in the Sweepstakes).
12. Winners List: A complete copy of these Official Rules can be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the offices of the Museum of Pop Culture or emailing a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn of the winners, any person may mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the offices of the Museum of Pop Culture, Attn: Winners’ List – MoPOP Pop Culture Presidents Sweepstakes. All such requests must be received by December 1, 2020.