Effective Date: January 17, 2020
We collect the information you provide us through the Site, App, and offline, including your name, address, email address, phone number, date of birth, employment information, financial information, social media information, and any other information you choose to provide. We collect this information when you create a profile on the Site or App, submit a membership application, apply for job opportunities, donate to MoPOP, request to be added to the Press List, complete online forms, or interact with us for any other purpose. If you create an account on our Site or App, we collect the username and password associated with your account.
When you visit our Site. We automatically collect certain information when you use our Site, including (i) information about your interaction with the Site, including the actions you take, the pages or other content you view or otherwise interact with, and the dates and times of your visits; and (ii) device information, such as your IP address or other device address or unique device identifier, operating system information, web browser, and/or device type and language. We also collect certain information through the use of “cookies,” “pixel tags” and other technologies to better understand how our Users navigate through the Site, learn what content is being viewed, administer the Site, and save your preferences. Cookies are small text files that Web servers place on an Internet user’s device. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Site. Pixel tags are tiny graphical images embedded in emails or webpages. Pixel tags are used to determine what parts of a website a visitor has viewed, or whether an email was successfully opened. These technologies are used to gather information to analyze traffic to the MoPOP website, to improve our content and navigation, to enhance our marketing efforts, to personalize your experience, and to provide online display advertising and/or offline communications tailored to your interests based on your online behavior.
Third-party ad servers and networks
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website and elsewhere online. These third-party ad-serving companies include Google Ad Manager, Facebook, and Instagram. We may collect, use, and share personal data from and about you with these entities, to personalize and show ads to you and others on our website and elsewhere online and to measure their impact.
We use Google Analytics cookies for data analytics purposes, and you can find more information on how Google uses data from these cookies at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. To opt out of your MoPOP website usage being included in our Google Analytics reports, you may follow the instructions at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies from the Site, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Site to their fullest potential.
We use a Facebook pixel code on the MoPOP website that helps us to track conversions from Facebook ads, to optimize ads based on data collected, to build targeted audiences for future ads, and to market to people who have already engaged with the MoPOP website, such as by making a purchase.
MoPOP also works with third-party analytics and marketing entities that use technologies such as cookies and pixel tags on our behalf. For details, see Third-party ad servers and networks.
These tracking technologies may be deployed by us and/or by our service providers—such as Google Ad Manager, Facebook, Instagram, and Thereom —on our behalf to collect or receive information from our website and elsewhere on the Internet, and to use that data to provide measurement service and target ads. These technologies enable us to assign a unique number or identifier to you, and relate your website usage information to other data about you, including your personal information. These technologies also enable us to recognize you when you access our website using different Web browsers and different computers or devices. You can opt out of the collection and use of this information for ad targeting at aboutads.info or networkadvertising.org or youronlinechoices.eu.
When you make a purchase. When you make a purchase from our gift shop or ticket office, make a donation, or purchase a membership via our Site, we will collect information about what you purchase, your billing and shipping addresses, and your email address. We use Tessitura, a secure third party, to process your payment card information. Full payment card information is not stored on our network.
When you contact us. We collect other information that you may give us directly, such as when you request customer support, ask for more information about our programs or educator workshops, engage with MoPOP for a venue experience, sign up to receive our newsletters, or communicate with us via email, telephone, or social media sites.
When you register for an account or press list, or submit an employment application. We collect information that may include your name, postal mailing address, email address, phone number, and password when you register or apply. We partner with Paycom to provide employment application features on our Site. If you submit an employment application via our Site, we will collect your resume/CV and potentially certain demographic and preference information about you.
When you participate in our surveys. From time to time, MoPOP may invite you to participate in surveys posted on the MoPOP website, social media or sent to you by email or mobile app notification. You may decide whether you wish to complete such surveys, which may ask about your background, occupation, or similar questions. We use this information to help us better understand our audience, which in turn allows us to better meet your needs and interests. Information collected in these surveys is never sold or rented to third parties for marketing purposes, but we may share it with outside vendors and partners to analyze the information we collect.
When you participate in online contests. MoPOP will occasionally offer visitors the opportunity to participate in online contests or sweepstakes. If you choose to enter, you may need to provide your name and email address so that we may contact you in connection with the contest. We may also request that you provide us with certain other information, such as your zip code and state of residence.
When you use our App. Our App provides audio and visual information to Users as they virtually tour and explore MoPOP and our neighborhood. When you access or use our App, we, and our service providers, may collect certain information, including:
- Location Information: When you first launch the App, you will be asked to consent to the App’s collection of location information from your mobile device. This location information is required in order for the App to function as designed. If you consent to our collection of location information, the App will continuously collect your location information while you use the App. You can stop the collection of location information at any time by closing the App or placing the App in the background, or changing the location sharing preferences on your mobile device. However, if you stop the App’s collection of location information, the App will no longer function as intended.
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the App, including the type of device you use, access times and time spent on pages, IP address, links clicked, and pages and content viewed.
- Device Information: We collect information about the mobile device you use to access our App, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
How MoPOP Uses Information We Collect from Users
We may use the information that we collect, including your personal information, to:
- Provide and personalize various features and services of our Services;
- Monitor and analyze usage trends and preferences;
- Improve our Services and their features, and create new features and functionality;
- Improve our promotional efforts, membership drives, and fundraising efforts;
- Communicate with you, including for administrative, promotional, marketing, fundraising, and membership-related purposes, and respond to your requests or inquiries;
We process your personal information, including for the following purposes:
- To communicate with our members;
- To fulfill member benefits and provide sponsorship opportunities;
- To confirm and process online transactions;
- To create mailing lists;
- To improve the Site, including to improve the features, tools, functionality, and content available on the Site;
- To comply with the law; and/or
- As otherwise disclosed at the time personal information is collected.
Where we intend to process your personal information for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was collected, we will provide you with information regarding the purpose for the processing, as well as other relevant information, prior to processing your personal information for the new purpose.
We share your personal information, including with the following parties:
- Third parties that perform services on our behalf, including those that carry out activities related to our membership services and events, and those that assist with our business operations, including data storage providers, software providers, employment relations providers, insurers and banking partners, and publishers;
- Our business partners, including those that sponsor, host, or exhibit at our events, or other third parties for their own marketing purposes. Please visit the “Choices” section below for additional information;
- As part of a corporate sale, merger, or acquisition, or other transfer of all or part of our assets including as part of a bankruptcy proceeding;
- Pursuant to a subpoena, court order, governmental inquiry, or other legal process or as otherwise required by law, or to protect our rights or the rights of third parties; or
- With your consent or as otherwise disclosed at the time of data collection or sharing.
We may share information that has been de-identified or aggregated without limitation.
DATA RELATING TO CHILDREN
We do not knowingly collect information from anyone under the age of 13 (or such other age as may be restricted under local law). If we are made aware that we have received such information, or any information in violation of our policy, we will use reasonable efforts to locate and remove that information from our records.
To opt out of our e-mail marketing, you may use the link provided at the bottom of each marketing message.
As described in this privacy notice, we may also make your personal information available to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Pursuant to California Civil Code § 1798.83, no more than once per calendar year, California residents may request that we send via mail or email: (1) the categories of personal information disclosed to those third parties; and (2) the names and addresses of those third parties. To request this information, please contact us at email@example.com
ACCESSING AND MODIFYING YOUR INFORMATION
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by using the unsubscribe link within any promotional email you receive from us. Even after you opt out from receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative and security messages from us regarding our Services.
You may also request that MoPOP delete your personal information by contacting us at privacy@MoPOP.org.
You may request that we delete the personal data we have collected about you. Please note that we may retain certain information as required or permitted by applicable law. You may make these requests by firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to 120 6th Avenue N
Seattle, WA 98109. If you request to delete your personal data, certain of our services may no longer be available to you.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
If we decide to change our privacy notice, we will post these changes on this page. We encourage you to visit this page periodically to learn of updates.
If you have questions, comments, or concerns about this privacy notice, please contact us at:
Museum of Pop Culture
120 6th Avenue N
Seattle, WA 98109