MoPOP Teacher Advisory Board
Applications for our 2021-2022 Teacher Advisory Board are now closed. Check back here spring of 2022 for next year's application!
TAB helps us develop programs that meet the complex needs of modern classrooms. They test new programming, receive free exclusive workshops and museum visits, and influence the museum’s curricula moving forward.
Natasha Ransom, Education Specialist
"You are heard and valued and the other teachers are super rad!" - TAB Member, 20-21
"Being part of the brain trust of the education outreach for MoPOP is incredibly rewarding. Knowing that they take our feedback seriously is incredible." - TAB Member, 20-21
What We're Looking For
- Experience with arts education
- Seeking new opportunities for your students
- Knowledge of MoPOP or interest in pop culture
- Committed to supporting MoPOP’s education initiatives
- Reflective of the diversity of our student populations in regard to race, gender, geography, socioeconomic status, etc.
- Free pilot programs at the museum or in your classroom
- Dinner & refreshments at every in-person meeting
- Free registration for our Teacher Professional Development workshops
- Free MoPOP Educator Membership
- $250 stipend
- Must be a classroom teacher in a school within King County, grades 3-12.
- Must be available for full-cohort meetings from 5:30pm–8:00pm on Wednesdays, four times a year:
- October 6, 2021
- December 8, 2021
- February 9, 2022
- April 6, 2022
- Must be available for free, one-hour pilot workshops in their classroom or at the museum 1-4 times a year.
- One-year commitment, through the entirety of the school year.
- Our meetings for the 20-21 school year happened online due to COVID, but we’re hoping our meetings for the 21-22 school year will be in-person!