MoPOP Teacher Advisory Board
Applications are now open for our 2022-2023 Teacher Advisory Board (TAB)!
TAB helps us develop programs that meet the complex needs of modern classrooms. They test new programming, receive free exclusive workshops and museum visits, and influence the museum’s curricula moving forward.
Natasha Ransom, Manager of Outreach and Adult Education
"You are heard and valued and the other teachers are super rad!" - TAB Member, 20-21
"Being part of the brain trust of the education outreach for MoPOP is incredibly rewarding. Knowing that they take our feedback seriously is incredible." - TAB Member, 20-21
What We're Looking For
- Experience with arts education
- Seeking new opportunities for your students
- Knowledge of MoPOP or interest in pop culture
- Committed to supporting MoPOP’s education initiatives
- Reflective of the diversity of our student populations in regard to race, gender, geography, socioeconomic status, etc.
- Free pilot programs at the museum or in your classroom
- Dinner & refreshments at every in-person meeting
- Free registration for our Teacher Professional Development workshops
- Free year-long MoPOP Educator Membership
- $300 stipend
- Must be a classroom teacher in a school within King County, grades 3-12.
- Must be available for full-cohort meetings from 5:30pm–8:00pm on Wednesdays, four times a year:
- October 5, 2022
- December 7, 2022
- February 8, 2023
- April 5, 2023
- • Must be available for free, one-hour pilot workshops either virtually, in their classroom, or at the museum 1-4 times a year.
- One-year commitment, through the entirety of the school year.
- Our meetings for the 21-22 school year happened online due to COVID, but we’re hoping our meetings for the 22-23 school year will be in-person!