To celebrate 20 years of the Museum of Pop Culture, we're highlighting 20 of the most notable moments from MoPOP's history. For our nonprofit museum's 17th milestone (see the first 16 milestones at the bottom of this blog!), we're putting a focus on the 2018 creation of MoPOP's new mission statement and core values.
2018: In response to the name change to Museum of Pop Culture in 2017, we embarked on an 18-month process to create a new mission statement and core values that truly reflect where we are as an institution.
The Museum of Pop Culture’s mission is to make creative expression a life-changing force by offering experiences that inspire and connect our communities.
MoPOP's Core Values are:
- Open arms: We practice radical hospitality and equitable access.
- Creative exchanges: We create space for community voices and collaborations.
- Light bulb moments: We use pop culture as a catalyst for learning, connecting, and creating.
- Pursuing excellence: We believe integrity, innovation, and hard work lead to amazing things.
- Excitement: We value the thrill that comes from experiencing creativity together.
Learn more about MoPOP's mission and core values + for contests, the latest news, and behind-the-scenes content, be sure to follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
If you like what you see, support our work by making a donation or planning a visit to MoPOP today!